There are many persons-of-repute today who, to their own credit, speak about the global economic, financial and investment scenario as well as its definitive outlook. Many focus on both fundamentals and technicals when forecasting current market drivers as well as likely mechanisms which will also dictate future outcomes. Among the “Who’s Who’s” in this elite arena, the name of Jim Sinclair is one which needs no introduction in many parts of the world including; London, Brussels, Dubai, New Delhi, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Singapore, Tokyo, Washington D.C., or Wall Street. He has often been called “Mr. Gold” and being the son of the Wall Street legend Bert Seligman (partner of the world famous Jesse Livermore), has spent nearly five (5) decades in the global capital and financial markets covering various asset classes as well as having a keen understanding of the global mining & metals industry. His focus and track-record on his own independent research, facts, analysis, strategies, forecasting and planning is truly excellent.
I first heard of Jim Sinclair’s name having just started my career in the global energy sector just after graduating from the University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles. He was the one person who was called on by former U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker to assist during the famous Wall Street crisis where the Hunt brothers had a silver position of nearly US$ 1 Billion which had to be liquidated in a definitive manner. Through the decades, Jim Sinclair has built multiple highly successful and profitable businesses from Wall Street-to-Main Street and, yet, always selflessly gave back and paid forward to society-at-large. He never speaks about his social service or charitable contributions in helping others in need. His famous saying, “Business of business and business of Life are the same” is a saying he feels, thinks, talks, walks and lives each and every day of his life. It is often enlightening to speak to those who personally and firsthand know Jim Sinclair and they are amazed how he always looks out for another person first, above and beyond his own interests. His innate honesty, integrity, and ethics are a tribute to his character. Even when negotiating a business contract, he always ensures a “Win-Win” and his partners always benefit first and foremost and he comes second.
Through his own personal triumphs as well as tragedies, Jim Sinclair has withstood the multitude of trials and tribulations which each and every person must traverse on their own individual journey of life. It has been said, “What goes around comes around” and Jim Sinclair is a living example of highly esteemed human character. His one-on-one guidance and advice on life are true pearls of spiritual, practical, as well as worldly wisdom based on his own experiences which he has personally undergone, withstood and prevailed with highest dignity and humility.
Through his personal website (www.jsmineset.com), his various public meetings, and countless e-mails, Jim Sinclair selflessly dedicates hours, days, weeks on a continual basis tirelessly in helping create the right awareness and disseminate the right information to the multitude of global stakeholders from all-walks-of-life on economics, finance, investments, mining & metals and a multitude of related topics of interest. It is always a great opportunity to sit in a packed room with hundreds of eager attendees during a Q&A session(s) with the legendary Jim Sinclair. His marathon Q&A session(s) lasting over five (5) hours cover many areas as well what may be a most likely “going forward” scenario(s) based on current market trends, monetary, fiscal and banking policy. Various ongoing crisis(s) are discussed in detail as well as possible scenario(s) which may be contemplated and embraced by prudent global sources of capital. Other key areas addressed included, but not limited to;
- Sovereign debt, deficit spending, central banks and their “digital money printing” via “Quantitative Easing-QE”.
- Stocks and bonds markets fueled by liquidity via QE with near “zero” interest rates and their lack of sustainability and resulting impact.
- Valuation of various asset classes distorted by QE effects and asset value chains and commodities undergoing constant volatility.
- “Too Big To Fail” banks still plagued by “toxic” Assets Under Management (AUM) while commercial banks restrict lending and propagate prevailing credit contraction.
- Companies sitting on sidelines with high cash levels on their balance sheets while debt and deficits directly impacting demand leading to potential “Stagflation”.
- Competition from BRICS currencies and their views on “reserve currency” status while “paper” markets losing control on physical gold along with probable price levels.
- Role of silver as a precious metal and its continual industrial demand along with probable price levels.
- Probable timeframe for partial liquidation of public and private sector debt and most likely timeframe for single currency or basket of currency(s) indexed to precious metals.
It is truly heartening to see him answer each and every question posed as well as signing autographs, books, and "photo-ops" to the many who want to get a memorable picture with the legendary Jim Sinclair.
Jim Sinclair, in a truly selfless manner, continually provides unbiased insight on need for prudent capital formation-deployment process and the importance of structured finance (balance sheet driven). His insight on various asset classes and commodities is timely. His highly ethical view and respect for investors is a real breath of fresh air. His golden character is a testimony of “walk-the-walk” and an example for many to emulate as a true role model in Life.